WOAHHH this article kind of freaked me out apperently there has actually been a study going on about surgeons drinking the day before an opperation and it having an effect on them the next day! I think the results of them opperating like this are pretty obviouse, they found the surgeons that drank the day before preformed worse, especially the newer ones. Apperently they tested in groups of 3 and 3 out of all the ones who had alcohol preformed slower and made errors all 3 times, go figure right? I mean you have to kind of know it's going to affect you the day after a little as well. I certainly hope my surgeon knows that geez think of what a disaster it could become! I mean if someone is having surgery on their heart and the surgeon messes up it's fatal. What do you all think about this?

Wow....that is scary. I wonder exactly what type of surgeries they studied.
ReplyDeleteIf it's plastics, the results would be obvious and the person could sue. If it's other types of operations...the person may not know until a few years down the road.
It is very scary. That is why it is best to pick an older surgeon...less chance the old guys are out doing shots the night before. :)
it was variouse types but even simple basic ones they should know how to do.
ReplyDeleteDude thats kinda freaky. I mean if your surgeon is like drunk when they are opperating on you. I'd rather take my chances in that case.
ReplyDeletewell that is bullSh*t who in the hell would drink before doing that omg i'd make sure my suregon wouldnt drink gee
ReplyDeletedumb people, especially when you have a job like this why would you want to drink the day berfore they perform major surgery
ReplyDeleteThats insane!!:( i just had surgey!!:( what if he was drunk or had been drrining!! and very nice blog kate!
ReplyDeleteif i made as much money as a surgeon i would buy a bar, whats the point of using somnes open stomach as somethin to puke in. its not like someone needs surgery every day why drink the night before. i bet they wait like 5 months and right before someones surgery the get trashed...losers
ReplyDeletecrazy, wouldnt let no drunk doctor opporate on me.
ReplyDelete