Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scientist's at it again!=]

   Just when you thought technology couldn't get any more advanced....it did!!! Apperently they are working on a robot being controlled by our thoughts! They have so far tested on a monkey and all the monkey has to do is think of what it wants to do [within reason] and the robot will do it. For now all it is, is an arm that the monkey can make turn a handle and eat marshmellows with. Tiny electrodes are placed on the monkeys brain and can conduct activity from neurons to guide the arm through simple tasks. They are working on making it more advanced movements and want to test it on humans soon. 

URL BELOW FOR ARTICLE 

WOW!!! OK! Talk about crazyness! This is sooo cool how far technology is starting to come! Think about how good it will be for people with dissabilities to be able to think of an action like [in the future] taking a step or grabbing something they couldn't before. All I'm saying is way to go scientists! Hopefully it will work on humans and they can get it to do more things .I,personally, think it's a great idea and can't wait to hear more about it!!=] what do you guys all think huh? And if they have come this far, think of what they will think of next!!!<3



5 comments:

  1. I think this is amazing(: I'm proud of these scientists!! This could be a mega leap in technology and could give people with diabilities a chance at a (somewhat) regular lifestyle. Just amazing(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are now one step closer to having cyborgs. Amazing. Pretty soon, we are going to get robotic limbs like the ones off of Star Wars, which would be extremly helpful to people whose limbs are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is great! If scientists have made this much advancements in technology up to this point...then can you even begin to imagine the advances and the new WORLD that will be created when we're all like 40?? insain! really cute pictures btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW thats like really cool although I'm not sure I'd want them putting something in my brain. And what if it malfunctions or something, that would be scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for this!

    This is awesome...and especially great for those disabled as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete