Monday, April 11, 2011

Video games actually, deemed "healthy"=]

Our busy research friends say that playing video            games can help with motor skills. 12 surveys show that it has improved upper arm strength and mobility in stroke patients 5X better than people just undergoing physical therapy alone. Also that wii and playstation games have helped brain stroke by improving the brains ability to create new nerve cell connections and they are continuing to test and see if it can improve other things too. =]

Link-http://news.cnet.com/health-tech/?tag=hdr;snav

I think that this is actually a pretty believable argument. I mean think about it, sure you shouldn't play video games 24-7 go outside or do something active. But a little here and there I can totally see improving those things. Especially the Wii, it's a very active system [trust me I have one] my arms and body start to hurt after a while sometimes because it requires so much moving and I don't know about you video game players but I get REALLY into a game when playing it lol ;] but hopefully they continue with good results in the future this could be very beneficial. Your thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. I saw this article and thought it would make many teens very happy.

    I think it is right to a point, too. I think as long as games are played in moderation, it's healthy. We all know those who play far too much and that is definitely not healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! Finally, more points to use on the argument for video games!! They also increase hand-eye coordination as well.

    You know, I don't like the Wii. All of my remotes are broken, and the games I play on that are way better on other systems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome that video games help people with strokes and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya i agree with you it does improve muscle and brain power but id rather get muscle the old fasion way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guess that makes sense. Espacially the wii. I'm not cordnated so that probably explains why I'm terrible at all video games lol but I still love them when I do get to play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol awesome... i think it a excuse for people to be lazy, if you play video games you probably dont use your motor skillz anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totaly agree kate! video games do help people a little bit! but it would be much more healthier if they went outside and played lol! nice blog

    ReplyDelete